NICE PRAIRIE, Wisconsin., July 12, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Nosco, Inc., a subsidiary of Holden Industries, Inc., today announced the start of carton and label production at its new 175,000 square foot Packaging Innovation Center at Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin. The facility will provide redundant product capabilities that will expand Nosco’s efforts into a new era of printed packaging with a focus on quality, innovation and growth for the healthcare industry.
âWe recently started production by printing pharmaceutical folding boxes on our Bobst Expertfold 110,â said Craig curran, President of Nosco. âThis week we will start producing labels using two new HP Indigo 6K Labelers. Going forward, the Pleasant meadow The facility will house the production of all subsequent label and carton orders that have historically been produced at Nosco Gurnee and Waukegan facilities, respectively.
As previously announced in November 2020, Nosco’s packaging innovation center and headquarters building will consolidate much of the north of the company. Illinois labor, which will allow:
- Improved customer and employee experience.
- Supply chain efficiency and operational flow.
- Additional training and development opportunities.
- Optimization and automation of installations.
QUALITY, INNOVATION & GROWTH
The new Packaging Innovation Center in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin will house nearly 300 of the more than 700 employees who own Nosco. All other staff will operate from Nosco’s existing facilities at Illinois, Texas, new York and Pennsylvania. Below is an overview of the quality, innovation and growth initiatives of Nosco’s Packaging Innovation Center.
- Quality: Nosco’s harmonized quality system will remain in place at all facilities, including Pleasant meadow. To facilitate audits and visits, and offer a unique viewing experience to customers, Nosco’s Packaging Innovation Center will offer a observatory bridge overlooking all production activities.
- Innovation: Nosco’s CAD and solutions engineering teams will continue to improve customer packaging with sustainable material options, substrate and ink recommendations, structural design expertise and more. To promote new product development and team collaboration, both teams will now work with customers from the establishment’s fully integrated site. Customer Innovation Pole, alongside their state-of-the-art MakerSpace.
- Growth: With the company’s increased facility space and long-term lease, Nosco is able to support increased capacity and future growth targets. This growth potential will also allow Nosco to create lots of new jobs in Kenosha County. The proximity of the establishment to the Chicago and Milwaukee metropolitan areas will be essential to recruit the best talent to expand the Nosco employee shareholding team.
âNosco continues to be a leading supplier of printed packaging. Our decision to consolidate our workforce into this new, world-class factory is a true testament to our staff and customers, âsaid Craig curran. “Through this critical expansion effort, we will continue our commitment to quality and service – supporting customer orders transparently and expeditiously.”
Audits of the new facility will begin at the end of July and the full inauguration is scheduled for fall 2021.
Nosco is a full-service packaging solutions provider serving more than 400 healthcare customers. With over 110 years of experience, Nosco brings together business resources and technical expertise to better understand packaging challenges and provide customized solutions. The company is focused on service to help continuously improve efficiency related to supply chain, cycle times, lean initiatives and product launches.
Nosco is a subsidiary of Holden Industries, Inc. and is 100% employee-owned. The company employs more than 700 owner employees and specializes in printed packaging for the pharmaceutical, natural health, personal care and consumer goods markets with four main product lines: boxes, labels, inserts and flexible packaging.
SOURCE Nosco, Inc.