Here’s how to get your PPP loan canceled


The first iteration of the PPP loan required small business owners to spend 75% of the loan money they received on employee payrolls before it could be considered for remission. After an outcry from small business owners, who viewed the stipulation restrictive in light of a host of other operating costs, the revised PPP loan moves this requirement to 60%.

In addition, even if the owner of a small business borrower uses less than 60% of the loan amount on his or her payroll, he or she will still be eligible for the cancellation of a portion of the entire loan. Other expenses that can be financed from the remaining 40% of the loan money and still be written off are rent, mortgage payments, utilities, and interest on loans. Expenses outside of this area are not forgiven.

Previous Why tattooed chef's stock fell nearly 14% in February
Next All I want for Christmas is a gift from a student loan payment